A NOTE ABOUT WEB ACCESSIBILITY
BEDLAM is committed to making our digital content accessible to everyone.
We are striving to use the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA as our standard for digital accessibility.
But as a small non-profit we do rely on several 3rd party software platforms to bring you our digital content and do not always have control of certain features linked.
We are however taking efforts to keep our as much as we can accessible through several means such as
- Checking our color contrasts comply with WCAG 2.0 level standards
- Adding underlines to all links
- Adding alt tags to all our images
- Use of aria labels
- Adding a skiplink to top of page
- Styling our focus links
- Testing keyboard tab navigation
- Improving alternative keyboard controls where tab/enter might fail.
- Reporting problems to third party platforms we rely on when we discover problems
- Making on going improvements where possible
Projects underway are:
- Adding transcripts to all multimedia (on going project scheduled to be completed by Summer 2022).
- Fixing a bug that prevents tab close in gallery pop-ups. Esc button is alternative method of closing.
- Finding and fixing other bugs.
We want to hear about your experience using our website and content. If you are having problems using our site or wish to request that certain content be made accessible, please let us know.