BEDLAM’s Health & Safety Policy
Updated July 20, 2021
BEDLAM is humbled to be welcoming you back to the theater this Fall! With Health & Safety at the forefront of our minds, we have developed the following policies and protocols to ensure that everyone entering our theatre remains safe throughout the run of the production.
In cooperation with Actors’ Equity Association, BEDLAM will be producing PERSUASION in compliance with a strict Fully Vaccinated Company agreement which ensures that the entire team of artists and staff are fully vaccinated. In accordance with this agreement, we ask that all audience members provide proof of vaccination or negative test and remain masked while within our venue, unless eating or drinking.
**Please note that our policy may continue to change as we follow closely the ever-evolving guidelines set forth by the CDC and NY State. We will notify all ticket holders in the event of any change to these policies.
PANDEMIC SAFETY POLICY
- At this time, all audience members will be required to show proof of vaccination before entering the theater (we will accept valid electronic passports or a physical CDC card at the door).
- Non-vaccinated audience members will only be allowed into the theater with proof of a valid negative COVID test. (A negative PCR test within 72 hours of showtime or a negative antigen test within 6 hours of showtime will suffice).
- All staff, volunteers, and audiences will be required to wear face masks in all areas of the theater. Only on stage performers and guest speakers may be unmasked.
- A trained Safety Compliance Officer will be present at every performance to ensure that all safety protocols are being thoroughly implemented.
- On the day of the show, we will send out an email that will include all of our up-to-date safety guidelines.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOLS
- Increase the cleaning of all public spaces including lobby, seating and restroom areas.
- We will thoroughly disinfect door handles, counters, and all shared surfaces prior to every performance.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the venue.
- Masks will also be available for purchase at every performance.
AIR FLOW & VENTILATION UPGRADES
- We have been working closely with the management of The Connelly Theater to ensure that their HVAC system meets the current recommended air-flow guidelines with MERV-13 air filters.
- We certify that The Connelly Theater has met all requirements for NEBB certified status in testing, adjusting, and balancing of environmental systems throughout the venue.
If you would like to review the full air flow analysis and ventilation reports, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a copy of our certification documents and air balance reports.
TICKETS & SEATING PROTOCOLS
- The Box Office will not be printing physical tickets. All patrons will receive e-tickets through email that can be presented on phone displays at the door.
- House Managers and Ushers will be present to direct patrons and offer assistance.
The Venue: Connelly Theater
ABOUTThe historic Connelly Theater is a beautiful 99-150-seat jewelbox space in the heart of NYC’s East Village that now serves as a home for adventurous independent theater productions. The building, originally an orphanage, dates back to the mid-1870s. The theater itself was once a choir hall. Named one of NYC’s best off-off-Broadway theaters by Time Out NY!
Is the theater wheelchair-accessible?
Although the building is unfortunately not ADA-compliant (it was built in 1874), the theater is on ground level and is wheelchair-accessible (no steps). BEDLAM productions will be able to make room for patrons in wheelchairs.
To make arrangements for wheelchair-accessible seating please call 1-833-4BEDLAM or email: email@example.com.
Please note that although restrooms are accessible without stairs, there are no wide stalls.
220 East 4th St.
New York City
The Connelly is wheelchair accessible from street level.
F to 2nd Ave. (closest)
6 to Bleecker St.
B/D/F/M to Broadway-Lafayette
6/N/R to Astor Place & 8th St.
Edison ParkFast at 167 Essex St. btw Stanton and Houston (about a 6 minute walk) [map]
More information about our upcoming production of PERSUASION at The Connelly.
ACCESS TICKET INITIATIVE
We believe the cost of a ticket should never prevent anyone from seeing innovative, live performance. Bedlam’s ACCESS TICKET INITIATIVE provides complimentary theatre tickets at every performance for underserved communities and those suffering financial hardship. Please consider making a gift to help subsidize a seat for someone who otherwise could not attend.
DO YOU THINK THAT YOUR ORGANIZATION WOULD PROFIT FROM PARTICIPATION IN OUR ACCESS TICKET INITIATIVE? REGISTER HERE