BEDLAM’s Health & Safety Policy
Updated August 19, 2021
BEDLAM is humbled to be welcoming you back to the theater this Fall! With Health & Safety at the forefront of our minds, we have developed the following policies and protocols to ensure that everyone entering our theatre remains safe throughout the run of the production.
In cooperation with Actors’ Equity Association, BEDLAM will be producing PERSUASION in compliance with a strict Fully Vaccinated Company agreement which ensures that the entire team of artists and staff are fully vaccinated. In accordance with this agreement, we ask that all audience members provide proof of vaccination and remain masked while within our venue, unless eating or drinking in the designated food & drink area of our theater.
**Please note that our policy may continue to change as we follow closely the ever-evolving guidelines set forth by the CDC and NY State. We will notify all ticket holders in the event of any change to these policies.
PANDEMIC SAFETY POLICY
- At this time, all audience members will be required to show proof of vaccination before entering the theater (we will accept valid electronic passports or a physical CDC card at the door).
- Non-vaccinated audience members will NOT be allowed into the theater at this time. If you have already purchased a ticket and do not plan on being fully vaccinated by the time of performance, we will refund your purchase.
- All staff, volunteers, and audiences will be required to wear face masks in all areas of the theater. Only on stage performers and guest speakers may be unmasked.
- Patrons will be permitted to consume food & drinks in a designated area of the theater only
- A trained Safety Compliance Officer will be present at every performance to ensure that all safety protocols are being thoroughly implemented.
- On the day of the show, we will send out an email that will include all of our up-to-date safety guidelines.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOLS
- Increase the cleaning of all public spaces including lobby, seating and restroom areas.
- We will thoroughly disinfect door handles, counters, and all shared surfaces prior to every performance.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the venue.
- Masks will also be available for purchase at every performance.
AIR FLOW & VENTILATION UPGRADES
- We have been working closely with the management of The Connelly Theater to ensure that their HVAC system meets the current recommended air-flow guidelines with MERV-13 air filters.
- We certify that The Connelly Theater has met all requirements for NEBB certified status in testing, adjusting, and balancing of environmental systems throughout the venue.
If you would like to review the full air flow analysis and ventilation reports, please contact email@example.com and we will provide you with a copy of our certification documents and air balance reports.
TICKETS & SEATING PROTOCOLS
- The Box Office will not be printing physical tickets. All patrons will receive e-tickets through email that can be presented on phone displays at the door.
- House Managers and Ushers will be present to direct patrons and offer assistance.
The Venue: Connelly Theater
The historic Connelly Theater is a beautiful 99-150-seat jewelbox space in the heart of NYC’s East Village that now serves as a home for adventurous independent theater productions. The building, originally an orphanage, dates back to the mid-1870s. The theater itself was once a choir hall, with the distinctive proscenium arch and stage added later. The Connelly is is part of Cornelia Connelly Center, a non-profit that champions girls at risk, empowering them to realize their full potential from middle school through college and beyond. Proceeds from theater rental support the Center’s education programs. Josh Luxenberg is the Connelly Theater General Manager. connellytheater.org.
Named one of NYC’s best off-off-Broadway theaters by Time Out NY!
Is the theater wheelchair-accessible?
Although the building is unfortunately not ADA-compliant (it was built in 1874), the theater is on ground level and is wheelchair-accessible (no steps). BEDLAM productions will be able to make room for patrons in wheelchairs. Please note that although restrooms are accessible without stairs, there are no wide stalls.
To make arrangements for wheelchair-accessible seating please call 1-833-4BEDLAM or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
220 East 4th St.
New York City
The Connelly is wheelchair accessible from street level.
F to 2nd Ave. (closest)
6 to Bleecker St.
B/D/F/M to Broadway-Lafayette
6/N/R to Astor Place & 8th St.
Edison ParkFast at 167 Essex St. btw Stanton and Houston (about a 6 minute walk) [map]
More information about our upcoming production of PERSUASION at The Connelly.
ACCESS TICKET INITIATIVE
We believe the cost of a ticket should never prevent anyone from seeing innovative, live performance. Bedlam’s ACCESS TICKET INITIATIVE provides complimentary theatre tickets at every performance for underserved communities and those suffering financial hardship. Please consider making a gift to help subsidize a seat for someone who otherwise could not attend.
DO YOU THINK THAT YOUR ORGANIZATION WOULD PROFIT FROM PARTICIPATION IN OUR ACCESS TICKET INITIATIVE? REGISTER HERE